miércoles, 6 de octubre de 2010

Economist> Milton Friedman>>>>

I have been studying all week. Work is letting me have a week and a half off to catch up on my studies and I have never been so immersed in my classes before. I know I that working at this company is an excellent opportunity for me but not when it takes away from my studies as well as my friends. I realized yesterday when I stuck around campus for the first time this semester that I have very few friends at school. A few but nothing in comparison to my first semester, I think I have more teachers as friends than students now.

Here I’ll leave a quote from Milton Friedman, with regards to public vs. private spending. This idea is applicable to healthcare, social security, government expeditions, you name it.

“Nobody spends somebody else's money as carefully as he spends his own. Nobody uses somebody else's resources as carefully as he uses his own. So if you want efficiency and effectiveness, if you want knowledge to be properly utilized, you have to do it through the means of private property.”

-Milton Friedman


Okay, that one was a serious quote. Here’s another quote from Friedman which is quite funny, nevertheless true:

“Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program.” - Milton Friedman

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario