Today I had yet another residency card meeting and they still were unable to grant me a residency card due to the fact that I am missing a clause in my medical insurance statement. Of course it is an hour metro ride to arrive to the Foreign Documentation Department in Campamento, so I had hoped it would be my last trip there.
Thanks to this rather pointless trip to be rescheduled yet again for next Thursday morning, I have missed my decision science class. I thought it would be a good idea to write down everything necessary so that next time I will be able to obtain my residency card on the first go:
Debería aportar original y fotocopia de toda la doc. requerida:
Should bring original and photocopy of the following:
- Matricula de este curso o carta escuela (Varification of Studies)
- Medios Economicos y Procedencia de Dichos Medios (Movimientos Bancarios Ultimo año) (Proof that I have the economic means to stay in spain. This can be satisfied by a bank statement that has a reasonable amount of money going in and out for the past 6 months minimum. Usually costs 20 Euros)
- Proof of Medical Insurance (must include the seguro de repatriación. That is, if I die they will send my body to the US)
- Certificado de Empadronamiento (Housing Residency confirmed by the state. In order to obtain this you must go to an Ayuntamiento and register your housing with the government of Spain, and they will give you a proof of residency and housing.)
- Copia NIE y Pasaporte (Copy of old residency card and Passport)
- Three Recent Photos (Passport size)
- Proof of payment of the required fees. (usually 18 euros, have to stop at bank in Atocha which is 45 minutes in the other direction)
As you can see it has been quite a scavenger hunt. I unfortunately did not realize that my medical statement did not include repatriacion insurance, so they still have not granted the documents.
Maybe on Thursday I will finally have completed this process, having paid around 70 dollars in various fees, and having missed 3 or 4 classes going to different appointments.
=) But that´s okay because that´s how things go. At least I'm from the US, think of how hard it would be if I was from some little Latin American or SouthAmerican country. I know from experience working at my company that they are often negated and if they show up to the airport without a visa then they are not allowed enterance. :X
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario