viernes, 22 de octubre de 2010

Maria comes to visit!!




My cousin is here for a few days!! I am very excited to have her; I’ve been purposely saving some of my tourist plans for this weekend so that she will be able to go with me. Last night I went out for dinner with Maria and Kate, my roommate. We went to 100 Montaditos, a typical Spanish chain store where you write down your order on a list and had it to the cashier. It’s 1,00 € for a sandwich, (Tiny sandwiches) and 1,50 € for a glass of wine or beer. Then we went to one of our typical language exchanges, I think we all enjoyed it. I go to these exchanges quite often and know a lot of people at them. =)

Today I am going to lug my large computer to school for my decision making class because I am afraid I can´t put it off any longer. I need to be interactive in class and I´ve been just taking notes but it´s getting too difficult, I need my computer there. Fortunately dad has been able to get a hold of a small computer for me and it should be here soon….. Maria told me how much she loves hers. I will still have to use my mouse because now that I use a mouse it´s hard to get back in the habit of using the little finger pad. (The finger pad on my current computer is slightly broken making it difficult to use).

I read some of Maria´s blog, her English is much better than mine. I write a sentence and I have to go back and correct my grammar, my grammar is so terrible now. I should really start making an honest attempt to write more in English.

My friend Ramon is going to take my cousin out for a walk so that should be fun for her; Ramon is really excited because he gets to practice his English with someone who doesn´t speak Spanish. It really does make a difference because it forces you to try and say things without just asking for a translation. I believe that really is the best way to learn a language. I talked to Maria about how to practice languages in a country sometimes the best way is to speak in another language so that they don´t realize you speak English. For example, if I ever go to France it would be ideal to speak in Spanish so that they direct their word to me in French rather than falling back onto English.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario